Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
Students who are transported by parents should be dropped off at the sidewalk at the rear of the building. Parents should not drop students off in front of the building during arrival time as it interferes with bus traffic and presents a danger to students. Students are not allowed to arrive at school before 8:50am unless they are involved in a special program. The school does not assume responsibility for students who arrive before 8:50am unless special permission is obtained in advance from the principal.
Students arriving at school late should notify the office on each occasion. Parents must accompany students to the office to sign the student in each time the students arrive at school after 9:05am. Failure to do so may result in the child being counted absent for that day. Please do not drop students off at school late as they will not be permitted to sign in on their own.
The school day ends at 4:05pm. If your child needs to leave school during the school day for any reason, please report to the office when you arrive on campus and they will be called down for dismissal.
Please do not rely on email to report a change in your student’s dismissal – in the event the teacher and/or secretary you contact are absent. Please contact the office at (636)851-4300 to report the change.
- A note is required to the office if students will be taking an alternate way home from school. If there is not a note, students will be sent home the usual way. Dismissal changes must be called into the office by 12 noon.
- For younger children, a parent or guardian must be home before they will be released from the bus. If no one is there, the bus will return the child to the school.
- If you have pre-arranged custody agreements, make sure you have updated documents on file in the school office.
Parents may sign up for the Parent Pick Up program for those who wish to pick up their child at the end of the school day. The Parent Pick Up program was developed for parents who pick up their children in lieu of riding the bus. You may sign up for Parent Pick Up through our enews link or you can call the office for a link to complete. Parent Pick Up Cards will be distributed at Open House in your child’s classroom.
Dismissal procedures for “walkers” will be as follows:
- Dingledine Manor & Castlio Court “walkers” will be released at the rear of the Primary hallway.
- Cambridge Crossing “walkers” will be released from the intermediate wing and will be walked across the parking lot to the soccer field area by a staff member.
- If parents/guardians are meeting students, they must sign them out on the roster with the staff member. Your picture ID is required to sign out a student.
- Students not being met will be released to walk home unattended at 4:10pm. This will keep an accurate account of how students went home for the day.
If you have a student that will be walking home from school to Cambridge Crossing, Castlio Court or Dingledine Manor, you will need to complete a Walkers Application and return it to the Castlio office.
Students who walk, should be walking home, NOT walking to cars in the parking lot.